Monday, January 23, 2012

Hit the ground running

I got back from San Diego yesterday, and after a full day of work today I had barn chores tonight.  My barn owners are on vacation, so a few of us boarders are splitting chores.  I rode Buddy first, then did the evening feed.  Buddy was very lazy, I think he enjoyed his week off!  We didn't do too much, just a little walk-trot-canter.

The rest of my week is jammed packed as well.  I have stalls to clean tomorrow and Thursday as well as feeding again tomorrow.  I'm hoping to make time on Thursday to ride Blue.  He's a 11ish OTTB that my barn's owner owns.  I was riding him a few days a week over the summer to exercise him for her.  He's being part leased now, but the girl leasing him doesn't work him hard and he's very high energy.  He's still greenish, but tries very hard.  This summer we worked on going forward quietly, softening to my aids, and keeping him calm.  He tends to get nervous, and needs a quiet confident rider.  I'll hopefully be riding him 2-3 times a week for a while.
Blue last summer

No comments:

Post a Comment