Saturday, January 28, 2012

Going in Circles

After lunging three horses today I felt a little dizzy.  Unfortunately, I've fallen a little behind this week.  I got the stomach flu on Tuesday, and didn't do anything for a couple days.  I did manage to get out to the barn Thursday and did quick little ride with Buddy.  We just trotted around the outdoor for 15 mins, but at least I got him out. Yesterday I attempted to ride Blue, but after he reared up and spun with me I decided to lunge him instead.

Today I wanted to lunge Blue again, this time in side reins.  He wasn't as hot today, but had a tantrum when I put the side reins on.  At the end of the session, he was relaxing into them and moving really well for him. Since I had them out, I put the side reins on Buddy next. He always acts like he can't go forward with the side reins on, but I go him to move out pretty well.

After those two I took out Pippin, a slightly spastic Arab/QH whose owner is away for a year long internship.  My barn owner has been working with him, but while she's out of town I said I would do some ground work with him.  Pip tends to be scared of his own shadow and needs a calm, but forceful handler.  We lunged for a few minutes until someone else needed the indoor.  I decided to take him for a walk outside to get him out and despook him.  I snapped the picture and sent it to his mommy.

1 comment: