- Work on ear clipping/ear handling in general Still needs work. But clipping his ears while sedated works well.
Get his teeth doneFound out he was missing a tooth! Figure out our bitting situationBroken snaffle pelham ftw!!!
- Lunge 1x week in the vienna reins Did this almost every week, but keeping it for a yearly goal
- Canter transitions Much better than they were, but we can always improve!
- Get comfortable over fences again! Pretty sure this will always be a work in progress
- Work on my eye and seeing a distance I think my eye has gotten worse....
Learn to trust that he's not going to take off/spin/crowhop/rearWhile not a deadhead, Peebs is such a laid back guy its been easy to relax on him, especially on the flat.
For the rest of 2016 my goals are:
- Work on ear clipping/mane pulling/ear handling
- Lunge 1x week in vienna reins
- Canter transitions
- Start working on flying changes
- Field rides once a week when the fields open up
- Get comfortable over fences
- Work on my eye and seeing distances
- no stirrups at least once a week
- Be able to canter a full course of fences (height doesn't matter) without losing my shit
- Continue showing as time and money allows
- Dominate the crossrails
and make all the little pony kids cry when they lose to us