Saturday, February 2, 2013

They're home!

My barn owners have finally come back after their month long vacation.  I'm hoping that now that I'm not doing a ton of chores I'll have the energy to have a regular schedule with Buddy.  While I love the fact that I worked off my entire board for the month of Feb, I really want to have the energy/time to ride my horses again. We haven't done much since our lesson last week, a couple quick hacks and yesterday we popped over a crossrail a few times. 

I might also have one of the college girls at the barn start leasing Buddy, 2-3 days a week.  Amy is currently riding one of the advanced lesson horses, and is a very nice, quiet but firm rider.  The mare she's riding has developed some very naughty habits (bucking after almost every fence) and Amy isn't having fun anymore.  She's going to try Bud on Sunday and we'll see what happens. The mare is scheduled to see the chiro next week, but I think the plan is to sell her a dressage horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment