Monday, June 8, 2020

What I'm Doing

It's been hard to put into words what I've been feeling this past week, but I know I need to. As it's been stated before, and much more eloquently, now is not the time for silence. So to follow Megan's lead
 I'm going to share what I've been doing and am planning on doing.



Donating
  •     Since the election in 2016 I've been a member and made monthly donations to the ACLU. I upped the amount of my donations starting this month
  • I donated to the local bail fund for protestors in my state
  • My family is a bunch of book nerds, and my mom and I both used to work for Border's, so I love the idea of Saddle up and Read.  I've donated to them and plan to donate in the future.
  • One of my friends posted on FB that for then next week she's matching donations up to $500 to any BLM/LGBTQ organizations. Since I had already donated and felt like using those receipts would be a cop out, I donated to the Okra Project, which provides meals and resources to Black Trans people.
Reading and Learning
  • Blogs, especially from POCs
  • Books. I have a few that I've ordered on the way, and a couple on hold at the library I need to go pick up.
  • Articles (basically anything on L's list)
Sharing
  •    I've been trying to share info about what I'm donating to, when and where protests, marches, and vigils are happening near me.  
I know there's more I can and should be doing, but a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. This is my first step and I'm determined to continue on as long as needed.

1 comment: