Friday, May 29, 2020

Reflections: May 2020 Quarantine

Frosty the pony. Pretty sure I was 8


Loving: That I got to see my parents and that my mom is spending a week with me
Smelling: Spearmint and eucalyptus lotion that I'm slathering on my hands to combat the dry skin all the washing and hand sanitizer is causing.
Learning: Working on the HQC course material (still!)
Writing: Jeopardy questions
Reading: The Ballard of Songbird and Snakes
Watching: Avatar: The Last Airbender (so happy this is on Nextflix)
Craving: Not much at the moment
Obsessing: Obsessively checking horse trailer dealerships to see if there's any COVID-19 sales
Wishing: Campus would stay quiet forever
Needing: A new mattress. I've known I've needed one for a while, but after spending a night in a hotel it's become VERY apparent that I need to move a new mattress to the top of my list of things to be bought.
Wanting: To ride Peebs
Trying:  To practice patience and go with the flow
Eating: My mom's matzo ball soup

Still the cutest
Drinking:  Water
Feeling: Fairly ok. Still a bit anxious, but not as worried as last month.
Hoping: To get good news tomorrow for Peebs' leg check up. The stitches should be coming out and I'm hoping we can graduate to turn out and/or riding. He's been great about stall rest and his 10mins of hand walking, but he's obviously bored.
Listening: Lots of happy/upbeat songs on Spotify. Samsies from last month
Clicking: Restaurant websites to see when/if my favorites are opening up again. I'm still very much in the take-out only mode, even if my county has allowed people to eat in restaurants again.

1 comment: