Thursday, October 13, 2016

Show Season Over

We were supposed to go to our last show of the season this Saturday.  There is a 100% chance of rain (over an inch), which wouldn't be a deal breaker, but winds in the 40-60mph range.  If not worse.

When the National Weather Service tells you to stay home, you stay home.
I was texting with my trainer this morning about it, and neither one of us wants to haul in that kind of weather.  Maybe if I had a goose neck trailer instead of a bumper pull, but even then it's just not worth it. So instead of cleaning tack and packing up the trailer tonight, I'm going to be grocery shopping and battening down the hatches.

6 comments:

  1. ugh damn weather, always ruining plans! rainy windy horse shows are such a trial tho, there will always be more later. stay dry through the storm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the same big storm is coming for us. Batten down the hatches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes mind yourself! Best check in on my sis in portland...or maybe she's far enough away to be less affected. Sorry my US geography knowledge is very poor.
    Fingers crossed for you guys either way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good call! Hope you guys stay safe and dry!

    ReplyDelete