Monday, February 16, 2015

Happy 7th Birthday McKenna

Valentine's Day was McKenna's 7th birthday.  I had to work in the morning but then ran out to the feed store and bought her a bunch of birthday goodies.
A bag of grain, a new lead rope, a lickit, a thing of minty muffin treats, and some dewormer
Unfortunately she wasn't super impressed with the minty muffins or the lickit.  She is the queen of oral fixation and has to taste test everything that comes near her mouth, food item or not.  But as of last night, she hasn't seemed at all interested in the lickit.  I think the problem with the muffins is that they are really sticky and hard to chew.  She's got a tiny mouth, and I've noticed in the past if I give her a big treat or hunk of carrot it's hard for her.  I started breaking the muffins up in smaller pieces and she seems to be able to eat them better. She loves the mint on top of the muffins!
Give me muffins!

For her birthday she got lunged outside in the super-nice-for-this-time-of-year 60* weather.  Then she got a bath and some time to graze in the sun.  I decided to be nice and not dewormer her on her birthday, so I waited till Sunday for that.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to McKenna!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated birthday wishes to the beautiful girl ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy b-day McKenna!!! it's funny - my mare is also of the small-mouthed variety, but she doesn't let that slow her down one bit and will happily gobble up an entire apple all at once lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miles didn't like Lickits until he had the banana flavor. He LOVES that flavor, and now he eats other flavors too.

    ReplyDelete