Monday, February 15, 2021

Second Verse Worse than the First

 I got my second COVID vaccine a little over a week ago. And oh boy is the second dose worse than the first. About  4-5 hours after getting the second dose, I started feeling sick. Fever, chills, body aches...the basic flu symptoms. 

My supervisor got her shot 5mins before me and took this super flattering photo

Thankfully I had gotten my shot on a Saturday afternoon, because I was pretty much bed bound for 24hrs. Getting up to go to the bathroom was exhausting, but I was so hot I couldn't sleep. Even taking the max amount of nsaids, my fever peaked at 100. Luckily I didn't have any nausea or vomiting, so I was able to stay hydrated and eat a little bit with my nsaids. Two of my coworkers spent the night vomiting, and my supervisor wasn't able to keep anything down for over 24hrs. 

My fever broke almost exactly 24hrs after it started, and I was able to sleep that second night. I did go into work Monday morning, but just did the essentials and went home after four hours because I was exhausted. By Tuesday, three days post vaccine, I felt fine. 

Obviously having 24hrs of symptoms is way, way better than getting COVID. I do recommend that you take the day off work after getting the second dose, and if you have pets/horses to care for, have someone around to help.

4 comments:

  1. I've heard that second dose is a beast. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I'm sorry! My husband was knocked flat for 48 hours by his, though he is prone to manpain. It seems to be the Moderna that really nails you. My mother had Pfizer and was totally fine. Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard that a lot about Moderna. No one I know had the stomach troubles, but almost everyone had the fever and body aches. Glad you're feeling better, and I agree, totally worth it!
    (But I'm still hoping to find myself a Pfizer vacc when it's my turn!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boo, I get my second one on a Sunday, guess I can use some sick time lol

    ReplyDelete