Thursday, December 13, 2012

Not much to report

I've had some pretty laid back rides over the past few days.  Haven't asked much of Bud, just working on  some of the things Mary gave us to do.  It's been cold, and since I can only ride at night after work Buddy's been a little bit stiffer than he normally is.  Our warm up is taking longer and I have to remember that and not ask for too much too soon.  I figure that a couple easy weeks for him, then after the first of the year we'll start ramping back up.  Money willing, I'd like to go to a show in the beginning of Feb.

Anna's gone for two weeks, so I'm trying to hop on Phoenix at least twice a week to keep him tuned up.  While I was tacking up tonight I decided to add a little riser pad under the cantle of my saddle.  The last time I rode him, I felt like I was sitting behind him, and looking at my saddle today it looked down in the back.  It helped!  I felt much more balanced and he felt great.  I don't know if it was the pad, the two days of herbs, or that fact that he hadn't been ridden in 3 days, but he was forward and felt pretty balanced left to right  We actually had a moment when I asked for a downward transition from canter to trot where he ignored me and leaned on the bit.  That was his favorite avoidance method in his younger days.  I'm so happy that he's feeling so good!

1 comment:

  1. cheap jimmy choo trainers, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of cheap women jimmy choo sliders, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete