Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Handing Over the Reins

Back in September I ended up in the ER with what I thought was a ruptured appendix. It turned out to a ruptured ovarian cyst, which for the record, really fucking hurts. I was told to follow up with my regular doctor because it appeared I had another cyst on the same ovary. Two ultrasounds and one MRI later, it turns out I a massive 15cm (and growing!) cyst on my right ovary. 

Love watching Trainer A school Cin

I'm going to have my ovary removed sometime in January, but I'm in this weird in between place right now. Both my regular doctor and the surgeon gave me the ok to do some light riding, as long as it doesn't hurt (which sometimes it does) and as long as I don't fall off. Falling off could cause the cyst to rupture or twist, both of which would be extremely painful and would require emergency surgery. The cyst sometimes gives me what feels like the worst period cramps when I'm not on my period, or feels like a rock in pelvis with a burning pain going from my thigh to my ribs along my right side, and it occasionally pushes on my bladder making it feel like I have to pee RIGHT NOW.  None of which is conducive to a good ride. 


So I've decided to hand over the reins to Trainer A until after my surgery. Once I have a surgery date set, I'll probably hop on one last time since I won't be allowed back in the tack for 4wks. At least my ovary picked the right time of year to put me on stall rest. I do not mind not riding in the pour rain, wind, darkness after work, or freezing temps. Hopefully winter will be on its way out when I can get back into the saddle. 

4 comments:

  1. That's rough, I'm sorry. Hope you're scheduled in and feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geez, ugh I’m so sorry - feel better!! I’ve had a friend with a similar experience and yea that’s no joke! Take care, cinder will be there when you are healed!!! (Also she looks incredible in that pick!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I'm so sorry that's all going on! I hope they get you scheduled quickly so you can put that all behind you. Looks like Cinder is in good hands while you recover though, so that's one less thing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear this!! Hoping everything goes well with your surgery.

    ReplyDelete