Thursday, February 9, 2017

Surprise

When I opened my mail last week I got a huge surprise...in a good way!  Mixed in with my W2 and a medical bill was a big padded envelope from an address I didn't recognize.  Turned out it was from the points chair of the Oregon Hunter Jumper Association.  The year end award ceremony was a couple weeks back, and considering I only showed twice last year and one show was in the crossrails and the other was a 18" beginning rider division, I didn't bother looking at points or going.  Apparently I should have because I won this:
For reference, I'm 5'3
Peebs and I qualified for the Certificate of Merit, a program for equitation in the walk-trot, trot-a-pole, crossrails, and 18" classes.  If you accumulate over 25 points you get the Certificate and the big ass ribbon. Apparently we did. I'm guessing the program is geared towards lesson kids on lesson ponies, but I'll never say no a ribbon as bigger than my torso!

11 comments: