Since I started riding Tia and hope to show her my Q2 goals are going to include her.
- Get her out and go places! My plan is if/when I show Tia to get a stall for McKenna and park her in it at the shows. And time/space/energy permitting I'll hand walk/lunge/ride her around the show grounds as well. Pretty much a fail. We did haul out to a friend's house on Monday but that was after Q2 ended.
- "Jump" more. She gets so excited over the little crossrails that it makes me nervous doing them outside of a lesson. I guess that just means I need to lesson more! For the most part we did lesson and jump more. She still scares me jumping.
- Work on clipping her ears. Did do this, but she still hates getting them done.
- Continue grid work, adding in bounces. I don't exactly remember when I rode Tia last, but we did do some grid work and bounces.
- Work on more eq/jumper style courses Haven't been riding the mare so this didn't happen
- All the counter canter! See above
- Show in the 2'6", either hunter, eq, or jumpers. I'm not picky See above
- Stay happy, fat, and adorable!Win!! Old man is super happy and super fat!
- Sell her! Hopefully sooner rather than later because for the next two weeks I'm going to be utterly swamped at work and won't have much time/energy to put into her. Sorry in advance mare!
- Trainer rides. My BO has a dressage trainer riding one of her horses 4-5 days a week at our barn and I'm hoping I can afford to have her do a ride or two a week on the mare. I really like how BS rides and it'll be good for McKenna. And I'm hoping to have my jump trainer rider her a couple times as well.
- Stay happy, fat, and adorable
- Ride some of the other horses in the barn (I'm riding a friends two mares while she's gone, they're reiners but super nice and super well trained and/or Tia) to get back into a happy riding place. Riding has become work and something I don't look forward to with McKenna so I need to change that!
- Buy a new pony after McKenna sells.