Monday, March 18, 2013

Thermal

It was awesome!! Just walking around the grounds and watching the regular classes was so much fun. We got there around 11:30 and the Grand Prix didn't start till 2, so we had plenty of time to hang out. I wandered down vendor row and drooled over all the pretty tack and clothes I can't afford.

Dad and I got seats in the stands right along side one of the most difficult line of the course. It was fences 3,4,5ab, and 6. It was a long curvy bending line....5 strides from 3 to 4 both giant oxers, then 5 or 6 to a one stride at 5a and 5b. Then it was a 4 strides to fence 6, a skinny dragon vertical that was taken on an angle. So many riders had trouble down this line!

Out of the 40 riders there was only 2 clear, with another 2 having only time faults. Time was a big factor and a lot of people were over the time allowed. Being able to watch how powerful and talented all the horses was amazing. Antares F, McLain Ward's horse has an amazing front end. I've seen videos online of him but the action in his front end in person was incredible. He just cracks his shoulders and knees up, I don't know how McLain rides it.

I didn't get as many pictures as I had hoped, I was so caught up in the action that I forgot. I did get some from the jump off between Meredith Michaels-Beerbaum (who won) and John Pierce.

I did decide that no matter what, I will be showing at Thermal at some point in my life. It's going on my bucket list!
















4 comments:

  1. ooooooo i watched the live stream! lucky lucky lucky that you were able to go! :)

    where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Oregon, but I grew up and my parents still live north of San Diego. They are about 2.5hrs away from Thermal and since I am down visiting for a week I had to go!

      Delete
  2. Ho comprato questa copia delle scarpe e dei vestiti di Jimmy Choo da questo negozio. La qualità è ottima. replica jimmy choo italy L'ho riacquistata molte volte.replica uomini jimmy choo mocassini Lo consiglio ai miei amici. Lodano tutti la qualità delle scarpe e l'atteggiamento di servizio del negozio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. goedkoop nike air max schoenen, een combinatie van elegante stijl en geavanceerde technologie, een verscheidenheid aan stijlen van goedkoop air max 2017, de aanwijzer loopt tussen uw exclusieve smaakstijl.

    ReplyDelete