I started the year doing goals, but that quickly fell to the wayside. I think I'd like to keep having yearly goals. Our yearly goals for 2012 were:
- We definitely nailed it. We showed at 2'6" three times this year in the hunters and eq. By the end of the year we have schooled one 3' fence and others at 2'9".
- I ended up doing 5 schooling shows this year (Two with just Bud, two with Bud and Zoe, and one with just Zoe). No rated show, due to both money and time.
- We did show dressage, and it wasn't pretty. After our lesson a few weeks ago with Mary I know we can redeem ourselves next year.
- Unfortunately we didn't do either the beach or XC schooling. Again, time and money were to blame. We did go ranch sorting, so I'll say its a kinda complete goal.
- I haven't been as diligent about no stirrups in the past few months, but I've been doing some easy bareback rides with Bud. We'll keep working on it!
- Keep showing at 2'6", preferably in the jumpers and eq, and hopefully move up to the 2'9".
- Long shot, but qualify for Medal Finals.
- Show 1st level again and redeem ourselves
- Go XC schooling, to the beach, or ranch sorting at least a few times.
- For Phoenix, to keep him sound and have him and Anna show in crossrails and possibly short stirrup by the end of the year.
|Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year!!|