Saturday, March 17, 2012

Meet Zoe


A couple weeks ago while watching at a show Connie, Rick and I ran into a friend of theirs, Deb, who I've met a few times.  We ended up going for dinner together and of course the talk turned to horses.   Deb was an eventer in her younger days, but for the past few years has done the western all around stuff.  She has mentioned that she kinda wanted to get back into jumping, but her mare has never jumped and she doesn't have jumps.  I (somewhat jokingly) said that I would start her over fences.

After a bit of talk, we decided to bring Deb's mare down to our barn (she lives about 30mins north of us).  Zoe came in today.  She's a 7yr old solid bred APHA (like Buddy!) mare. She's done some dressage as a 3-4yr old, then mainly did English/Western pleasure.  She hasn't been in full work for about a year so we will work on her fitness at first.

She's a very cute mare.  I saw her showing a couple years ago and she has really filled out since then. I'll try to take more pics tomorrow when I work her.

No comments:

Post a Comment